- Around 45 percent of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was born overseas.
- People from more than 200 countries make up the Australian community.
- The top ten countries of origin for migrants to Australia are United Kingdom, New Zealand, China, Italy, Vietnam, India, Philippines, Greece, Germany and South Africa.
- Australians identify with more than 250 ancestries.
- Australians practise more than 100 religions including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism.
- More than 300 languages are spoken in Australian homes.
- More than 60 Indigenous languages are spoken today.
- Apart from English the most common languages spoken in Australia are Italian, Greek, Cantonese, Arabic, Mandarin, Vietnamese and Spanish.
terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2012
Interesting Aussie Facts:
Posted by MeRiaN at 12:52